Designs, codes, or configures, tests, debugs, deploys, documents and maintains large and/or complex programs, using a variety of software development toolkits, programming languages (PL/SQL specific), testing/verifying applications, while adhering to specific development best practices and quality standards.
Staff members in this role will gather business requirements, translating that information into detailed technical specifications from which programs will be written or configured, and validating that the proposed applications align with the architectural design and with the business needs.
Other responsibilities may include deep troubleshooting and issue analysis, as well as coding, testing and implementing software enhancements and/or applying patches. Staff members in this position are skilled, effective, and self-sufficient in working within a diverse technology portfolio, and regularly provide guidance and training to less experienced Application Development Analysts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with approximately 7 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities in that includes developing and supporting applications Systems.
- SQL programming- knowledge of aggregate functions; performance tuning
- Oracle Databases- experience with Erwin data modeler
Experience considered a plus in addition to the above desired experience:
- .Net, EDI, Oracle Analytical functions
- Development lifecycle experience, including requirements, coding, testing and implementation.
- Experience with application development and integration using object-oriented programming (e.g., .NET, C#, Java)